Estimated delivery: 1-2 Days in Canada.
Free shipping on all orders over $200, some exceptions apply.
SDE-3000EVH Dual Digital Delay EVH Edition
EVH and BOSS join forces to bring you the SDE-3000EVH Dual Digital Delay, an authentic recreation of the stereo delays at the heart of Eddie Van Halen's massive three-cabinet live stage guitar sound. Based on the vintage Roland SDE-3000 rackmount delay, this powerhouse processor puts two fully featured SDE-3000s in one floor-based pedal, coupled with extensive connectivity to build a wet/dry/wet rig just like Eddie's. You also get eight presets curated by EVH with the exact settings from his actual delay units, allowing you to experience the master's expansive spatial delay tone in your own setup.
• Special edition dual delay pedal jointly developed by EVH and BOSS
• Based on the legendary Roland SDE-3000 rackmount digital delay from the 1980s
• Eight EVH presets with the exact settings from the two SDE-3000 delays in Eddie Van Halen's live rig (the EVH presets are locked internally but allow for output level adjustments)
• Versatile connectivity for creating an EVH wet/dry/wet rig and integrating with various mono and stereo setups
• Classic appearance with the signature EVH logo and stripes
• Warm vintage digital delay sound with extended features for modern rigs
• Distinctive retro display and panel controls based on the original SDE-3000
• Includes two full-featured delays, each with independent parameters, mono/stereo modulation, and panning
• Widely adjustable delay time with two range settings: 0-1500 ms and 0-3000 ms
• Characterful modulation inspired by the original circuit design
• Phase switches for the primary delay and delay feedback loop
• Adjustable low-cut and high-cut filters for shaping delay feedback sounds
• Send/return functionality for patching in an effect pedal or using the four-cable method
• Selectable impedance on the effect return for optimizing tone with different amplifiers
• Selectable series or parallel operation for the two delays
• Save and recall sounds with 100 user memories
• Adjustable noise suppressor
• Assignable onboard footswitch control for tap tempo, hold, and more
• Jacks for extended operation with up to four footswitches, two expression pedals, or the GA-FC/GA-FC EX foot controller
• MIDI I/O on space-saving mini TRS jacks
• Includes three ground-lift cables for eliminating hum with multi-amplifier setups
The original SDE-3000 was a mono delay, and Eddie used two units with unique settings on each to achieve his sound. The SDE-3000EVH combines two SDE-3000s in one pedal, along with an EVH preset bank that allows you to load all the settings for the dual delays with a touch.
Wet/Dry/Wet Configuration Made Easy
Eddie pioneered his three-cabinet wet/dry/wet setup in the early 1990s, using a dry path from a single amplifier in the center cab and left and right cabs amplified with wet-only delay effects for a wide, multi-dimensional soundstage. With the multiple outputs and versatile routing modes in the SDE-3000EVH, it's possible to recreate this setup with your own amps.
When Ed became aware of wet/dry/wet and implemented it into his rig, he had achieved the greatest amount of dimension, the greatest amount of depth and impression that his live rig had ever put forth. - Matt Bruck
One-Touch EVH Presets
The SDE-3000EVH features eight EVH presets accessed via a dedicated panel switch. The first four presets are designed for a wet/dry/wet setup, and they represent the actual presets Eddie used in his live rig. The next four presets provide the same sounds, adapted for a standard stereo amplifier setup.
The EVH presets are exactly like the presets in Eddie's rack. There's no difference in mix levels, input levels, or delay times - it's one-to-one. - Matt Bruck
Authentic Details, Modern Enhancements
The SDE-3000EVH includes nearly every parameter from the SDE-3000, accessed via a retro interface derived from the vintage hardware. Two selectable delay ranges offer different frequency characteristics like the original, and the distinctive modulation circuit has been recreated as well. Along with depth and rate controls, it's possible to independently switch the phase of the initial delay and the delay feedback loop, which influences the way the modulation reacts. Many enhanced features are also available, including 100 user memories, carryover, and more.
Modern Compact Power
With its pedal-based design and expanded control options, the SDE-3000EVH offers much greater versatility than its rackmount inspiration. Three onboard footswitches provide instant control of memory selection, tap tempo, delay hold, momentary effect engagement, and more. Two control jacks allow you to connect up to four footswitches, two expression pedals, or a GA-FC/GA-FC EX for external operation, and TRS MIDI I/O is also included. There's a large selection of assignable targets to choose from, delivering deep real-time control that reaches far beyond the capabilities of the original SDE-3000.
Two SDE-3000s in One Pedal
The SDE-3000EVH provides two discrete delays with independent parameters and mono or stereo modulation on each. Run the delays in parallel and pan them for ever-evolving stereo colours. Or chain them in series to create complex rhythms and reverb-like depth. And along with the EVH wet/dry/wet configuration, the flexible I/O supports a variety of mono and stereo setups. There's an external loop as well, allowing you to insert external pedals or interface with an amplifier's effects loop via the four-cable method, complete with selectable impedance for optimum tone.
Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
24 bits + AF method
*AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
DA Conversion: 32 bits
Processing: 32-bit floating point
SDE-3000 STEREO DELAY x2
Nominal Input Level:
INPUT MONO: -10 dBu
INPUT L/MONO: -10 dBu
RETURN/INPUT R: -10 dBu
Maximum Input Level:
INPUT MONO: +12 dBu
INPUT L/MONO: +12 dBu
RETURN/INPUT R: +12 dBu
INPUT MONO: 1 M ohm
INPUT L/MONO: 1 M ohm
RETURN/INPUT R: 1 M ohm or 180 k ohm (switching)
Nominal Output Level:
OUTPUT (DIRECT, EFX L, EFX R): -10 dBu
OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu
SEND: -10 dBu
OUTPUT (DIRECT, EFX L, EFX R): 1 k ohm
OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm
SEND: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance:
OUTPUT (DIRECT, EFX L, EFX R): 10 k ohms or greater
OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater
SEND: 10 k ohms or greater
TIME button, FEEDBACK button, OUT button, RATE button, DEPTH button
1--4 buttons, BANK A/B button, EVH button, LEFT button, RIGHT button, FILTER button, TIME2 button, DELAY PHASE button, MOD button, FEEDBACK PHASE button, DIGITAL DELAY1 button, DIGITAL DELAY2 button, SETUP button
DDL1 switch, DDL2 switch, TAP/CTL1 switch
GND LIFT switch, RETURN IMPEDANCE switch
Display: 7 segments, 12 digits LED
INPUT MONO jack, INPUT L/MONO jack, OUTPUT (DIRECT, EFX L, EFX R) jacks, OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks, SEND jack, RETURN/INPUT R jack: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL2,3/EXP1 jack, CTL4,5/EXP2/GA-FC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
USB port: USB Type-C (R)
DC IN jack
Power Supply: AC adaptor
Current Draw: 450 mA
Dimensions (W x D x H): 199 x 135 x 54 mm / 7-7/8 x 5-3/8 x 2-1/8 inches (including rubber foot)
Weight: 1.1 kg / 2 lbs 7 oz
- AC adaptor (PSB-1U + AC Cord Set)
- GND Lift Cable x 3
- Startup Guide
- Rubber foot x 4
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT US
Best guitar shop in Ontario. Tony is an absolute gem and a pleasure to deal with. Tons of selection, knowledgeable staff, clean store and great prices.
Just purchased a Seagull S6 QIT online from Picker's Alley. It was shipped the day I ordered it and I received it the next business day. The guitar was much nicer than I expected, a very high quality product, and it came out of the box absolutely pristine, set up perfectly and even in tune. Great product and service. I couldn't be more satisfied.
What a great store. Brands like fender, Gibson, Yamaha, Godin, charvel, Boucher, and Taylor. Lots of new stuff, and some really nice used stuff too. I found the staff very friendly and knowledgeable.
Excellent service. Competitive pricing. Staff is extremely knowledgeable and willing to help. Had nothing but fantastic experiences.
I came here earlier today and this store is amazing it has lots of cool guitars and amazing costumer service 10/10 store