Estimated delivery: 1-2 Days in Canada.
Free shipping on all orders over $200.
El Capistan dTape Echo
When we decided to develop an effects pedal that delivers the sound and feel of our favorite tape echo machines, we knew we must relentlessly study and faithfully recreate every last nuance.
We spent months in the Strymon sound design labs with an intense focus on capturing the warm, saturated, distinctive qualities of tape echo machines. The result is our hand crafted dTape™ technology. Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed.
El Capistan provides three different tape machine types in one, each with three unique modes. With ten parameters to tweak, you get extensive control over tape quality, machine health and tone shaping.
Go from the sound of a pristine, studio-quality tape machine to the heavily fluctuating sound of a machine in need of service. Get the full bodied sound of fresh tape all the way to the gnarled qualities of worn out tape.
Because it’s DSP driven, you get a range of tape experiences unattainable with a traditional tape machine. All of this without the headaches of tape machine maintenance and repair!
- Hand crafted dTape algorithms deliver meticulous and nuanced recreations of tape echo systems.
- Three tape machines in one: Fixed (one fixed playback head), Multi (multiple playback heads), and Single (sliding record head)
- Each tape machine has three modes for extremely flexible echo options
- Five tape adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Mix, Tape Age, Repeats, Wow & Flutter
- Five "hidden" knobs for extensive tone tweaking: Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, Spring Reverb, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Sound on Sound mode with instant tape splice and bulk erase. A built-in tape-style looper!
Ins, Outs & Switches:
- Stereo output
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input) Please read this - FAQ for more info on the TRS input.
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Connect our optional Favorite switch to save a favorite preset
- Tap Tempo and Bypass footswitches
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable "trails" mode with high quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Press and hold Tap for instant infinite repeats
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight gunmetal gray anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA
Five tape adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Mix, Tape Age, Repeats, Wow & Flutter
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT US
Awesome music shop! Very clean, not crowded. Lots of guitars for everyone's musical taste. The staff is super nice, and very informative. I can't say enough good things about Picker's Alley! Thank you so much for serving Southwestern Ontario with such awesome service!!
Great music store. Messaged them about a sale item and they put the last one aside for me until I could get there to purchase.
Tony is by far the best customer service rep around, He knows his stuff, and is always willing to go above and beyond, I only go to pickers alley, for all my musical needs!!
Excellent service, in one word they know what they are doing just tell them your requirement and budget. Don't worry about price if you see it online it's the same price here in offline too. Best thing is the owner's humour and focus on your requirement more than the sales of the store.
Very very happy and satisfied and will be back for additional requirements.
What a great selection of guitars and amps. Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. If they don't have what you need chances are they can source it for you. Prices are as competitive as big box music stores so there is no need to look elsewhere. I will continue to support local when I can.