JUNO-X Programmable Polyphonic Synthesizer
JUNO-X elevates Roland's legendary synthesizer series into a new era, fusing authentic vintage spirit with modern creative power. Compose and perform with the next-generation JUNO-X engine, historic JUNO-60 and JUNO-106 Models, sounds from the XV-5080 and RD pianos, Model Expansions, and more. And bring them all together with a familiar hands-on interface that welcomes you like an old friend. Backed by the immense range of Roland's ZEN-Core Synthesis System, JUNO-X goes wherever your music lives - past, present, or future.
Three JUNOs in one.
JUNO-X gives you the authentic sounds of the JUNO-60 and JUNO-106 in all their glory, plus a new JUNO-X engine that imbues the JUNO spirit with more sonic muscle and expression.
- JUNO-X The newly developed JUNO-X Model presents a natural evolution of the historic JUNO voice. Create even fatter sounds with an enhanced version of Roland's famous Super Saw waveform and go deeper with velocity sensitivity, pitch envelope control, and more. There's also a new Chorus III mode to complement the two beloved chorus modes from the original JUNOs.
- JUNO-60 Introduced in 1982, the JUNO-60 was a landmark instrument that greatly influenced the synth landscape to come. Succeeding the similar JUNO-6, it offered affordable polyphonic synthesis with a stable digitally controlled oscillator (DCO). The JUNO-60's rich character, friendly interface, and rock-solid tuning - along with a rich chorus effect and the ability to store sounds in onboard memories - made this synth an instant classic.
- JUNO-106 In 1984, the JUNO-106 built on the success of its predecessor with more memories and the revolutionary new MIDI interface. It also featured a slightly smoother and cleaner sonic character, and the JUNO-60's arpeggiator was replaced with a cool polyphonic portamento function. Embraced by an even wider audience, the more affordable JUNO-106 went on to become one of the best-selling synths of all time.
The versatile JUNO-X also includes more onboard Models from the legendary Roland canon and the ability to go even further with Model Expansions and other sound content from Roland Cloud. Explore over 900 PCM-based presets from the famous XV-5080 module, from acoustic instruments and vintage synths to drums and world sounds. Play expressive acoustic pianos derived from Roland's renowned RD stage piano series. Or plug in a mic and use the Vocoder Model with any JUNO-X sound to create expressive ensemble tones, futuristic pads, and funky robot voices.
Feel the music
A key element of the JUNO's appeal was a straightforward interface that made it easy to craft inspiring sounds and evolving textures in the heat of the moment. With a familiar panel adorned with responsive controls, JUNO-X invites you to fully immerse in the music and create without limits.
The JUNO-X rear panel is loaded with connectivity for any situation. Balanced and unbalanced audio outputs are available, plus a stereo audio input and MIDI I/O. There's also a mic input for vocal performing or feeding the onboard Vocoder. USB audio/MIDI support lets you interface with your favourite production software, and you can even back up JUNO-X settings to a flash drive via the USB Memory port.
A sound machine
Harkening back to the lesser-known JUNO-106S, JUNO-X is equipped with a high-quality stereo speaker system for personal sound monitoring. And with onboard Bluetooth, you can stream and jam along with music from a phone or tablet.
With the full-featured JUNO-X Editor software, you can take your creativity further with the large screen on your Mac or Windows computer. Tweak sounds, effects, and Scenes in microscopic detail, organize performance setups, and much more.
• The legendary JUNO synthesizer experience reimagined with the power of the ZEN-Core Synthesis System
• Newly developed JUNO-X Model with Super Saw oscillator, velocity sensitivity, Chorus III effect, and more
• Authentic Models of the JUNO-60 and JUNO-106 synths from the 1980s
• Versatile sounds from the XV-5080, RD-series pianos, and Roland's classic vocoder
• User slot for loading Model Expansions such as the JUPITER-8, JD-800, Vocal Designer, and others from Roland Cloud
• Fast and intuitive workflow based on Scenes
• Instant sound creation with a hands-on panel inspired by historic JUNO synths
• High-resolution knobs and sliders for precision control
• Traditional arpeggiator and advanced I-Arpeggio driven by intelligent algorithms
• Expressive 61-note keyboard with aftertouch
• Onboard stereo speakers and Bluetooth audio support
• USB audio/MIDI interface and USB Memory port for data backup to a flash drive
• Free JUNO-X Editor software for macOS and Windows
• Browse and load Model Expansions, Sound Packs, and more over Wi-Fi via Roland Cloud Connect
• 10 free Sound Packs available from Roland Cloud with purchase
In the Box:
- AC Adaptor
- Startup Guide
Keyboard: 61 Keys (channel aftertouch)
Sound Generator: ZEN-Core, Various MODEL sound generators
Parts: 5 parts (Play part: 4, Rhythm part: 1)
Preset tone: 4,000 or greater
User tone: 256
Drum Kit: 90 or greater
Multi-Effects: 4 systems, 93 types
Part EQ: 5 systems
Reverb: 8 types
Chorus: 5 types
Delay: 5 types
Mic NS / Compressor
Master EQ / Compressor
Arpeggiator: I-ARPEGGIO (Multi parts arpeggiator with playing detection)
Arpeggio Parts: 5 parts
Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
Assignable Slider x 2
Assignable Switch x 3
Bluetooth: Ver 4.2
Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
Speaker Amplifier Power Output: 4 W x 2
Speakers: Full range (3.5 x 8 cm) x 2; Tweeter 2 cm x 2
HEADPHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (front), Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (rear)
MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type
MIC INPUT jack: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type
AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
HOLD PEDAL jack
CONTROL PEDAL jack
MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI)
USB MEMORY port
External Memory: USB Flash drive (sold separately)
Power Consumption: 20 W
Dimensions (W x D x H): 1,072 x 333 x 118 mm (42-1/4 x 13-1/8 x 4-11/16 inches)
Weight: 116.kg (25lb 10oz)